Strategic Business Leadership: Engagement, Performance, and Execution
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Program Dates and Fees
Mar 31 - Apr 04 2014 $9,100
Jul 21 - Jul 25 2014 $9,100
Nov 17 - Nov 21 2014 $9,100
Agility in execution is critical in today’s challenging and complex business environment. This program will equip executives to effectively lead and be more productive in contemporary organizations. Executives will learn to manage cross-functional, cross-organizational relationships; develop social capital; and create and manage organizational strategic partners. Leadership agility is an essential quality for success. Participants will learn and practice their leadership agility, enhance their ability to read organizations, and hone their skills in strategy execution.
After Attending This Program You Will:
- Be better able to identify initiatives that create value.
- Be better equipped to know what needs to be accomplished in "getting the job done."
- Build your social capital and leverage business networks and the informal organization.
- Manage across organizational boundaries.
- Rise above boundaries and manage social differences such as age, gender, and race more effectively.
- Understand how and when to build a strong team.
- Leverage reporting structures more effectively.
- Structure your unit to deliver more value.
- Recognize and rise above organization divisions.
- Go beyond structure and use leadership to be effective.
- Learn to unleash creativity at a personal and organizational level.
- Develop a strategic action plan for delivering value.
- Engage others to implement important initiatives or change.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is ideal for senior and upper-middle executives, with positions such as department head, general manager, VP, SVP, and C-suite, responsible for executing business strategy. The course is designed to assist leaders in identifying opportunities and mobilizing resources to create value. It is especially recommended for leaders who bring people together from diverse functional groups or lines of business to effectively execute strategic initiatives. Executives will think creatively and strategically about their leadership roles and learn how to build social capital, broaden their influence to increase productivity, and accomplish performance-driven goals. Throughout the week, participants will work on an individual business challenge and create an action plan for creating and delivering value.