Advanced Certificate in Luxury
Luxury is a concept and an industry.
Many companies claim to sell luxury products and services and little by little the overuse of the word luxury has diluted its core meaning. In fact, if each person may have his/her own idea about what constitutes a luxury to his/her eyes, the notion of a luxury strategy is much more clear: it has been coined by those luxury companies who have shown sustained long term profitability at the core: Rolex, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Bulgari, Ferrari…
Location: Paris & Milan
Format: 2 weeks
Two 5-day modules each in May and October 2013.
Tuition fees: 13,950 € (2013)
The Advanced Certificate in Luxury consists of two one-week sessions spent in Paris and Milan, the world’s leading centers for luxury. Each week will blend a strong academic content provided by HEC and other leading schools’ professors specialized in luxury plus company exposés and cultural exchanges.
- Holders of an Advanced Certificate will be able to deduct the full price of the Advanced Certificate if they are admitted to the HEC EMBA within a year of completion of their Advanced Certificate.
- Each Advanced Certificate is worth 18 credits of the HEC EMBA comprising of a mixture of academic, company visits and cultural components, and entailing a group project for assessment.
- Open enrollment subject to meeting the prevailing selection process.
- Each Advanced Certificate has two one-week modules fixed for May and October respectively, to be delivered in two different locations, one of which is outside of France.
- Each module has a 5-day schedule, for a total of 10 days or 90 hours per Advanced Certificate.
- The language of instruction is English. A professional level in English is required: TOEIC or TOEFL (for applicants whose mother tongue is not English or candidates who do not hold a university degree from an English speaking institution).
This Advanced Certificate in Luxury aims at endowing participants/executives with all the skills and understanding necessary to develop and manage luxury brands and companies.
- It is an ambitious program which will lead participants deep into to the culture of luxury in order to grasp the essence of its management.
- It is a business-oriented program, with the goal of making participants able to take the right and relevant strategic decisions related to the marketing of luxury brands anywhere in the world.
- This is not about learning mere techniques but about understanding luxury in depth so that the nature of the business decisions to be made, day after day, flows naturally from this understanding. It is hard to become a luxury brand, it is easy to stop being one, even unwillingly.
Luxury is a very dynamic global sector of industry, whose turnover is above 200 billion euros. Each day, new luxury brands are being launched around the world.
This Advanced Certificate is intended for participants who have already worked in the high value consumer goods and services. It aims at giving the necessary conceptual, cultural and business backgrounds for the understanding of this very specific sector and its factors of success.