Advanced Certificate in Services
Approximately 70% of the output of industrialized economies originates in the service sector. Yet most management theory finds its origins in work developed by studying traditional manufacturers.
Despite this, best practices for services are clearly established, and these have led to the development of cutting edge theories over the last three decades. Illustrating these theories through real world case examples will be at the heart of the Advanced Certificate, in order to prepare participants to lead service organizations and manufacturers relying on service for their differentiation.
Locations: Phoenix, USA (May) and Paris (October)
Academic partner: Centre for Service Leadership at Arizona State University
Duration: 2 weeks
Two modules of one-week each in May and October 2013.
This program now has a waiting list.
Tuition fees:13,950 € (2013)
By the conclusion of the Advanced Certificate, participants should:
- understand the economics of both customer and employee loyalty, and
- be familiar with best practices to achieve them in service settings, including professional services and the service arm of manufacturing firms. These best practices will include aspects of strategy, operations, marketing, and human resource management in a service context.
This Advanced Certificate, like the services it discusses, will be inherently multidisciplinary. We will examine strategy for services, as well as operations, marketing, and human resources. More important, however, we will examine how these different academic disciplines are inherently interrelated when applied to services, and how leading service organizations apply them in creative and unusual ways.
The Advanced Certificate is comprised of two sessions to take place in May and October, respectively.
These sessions will be delivered in France and in US. Beyond rigorous academic sessions, field visits will be done at relevant companies and institutions and will include testimonies from outstanding local service-oriented companies.
- Price: €16,000 (no VAT).
- Holders of an Advanced Certificate will be able to deduct the full price of the Advanced Certificate if they are admitted to the HEC EMBA within a year of completion of their Advanced Certificate.
- Each Advanced Certificate is worth 18 credits of the HEC EMBA comprising of a mixture of academic, company visits and cultural components, and entailing a group project for assessment.
- Open enrollment subject to meeting the prevailing selection process.
- Each Advanced Certificate has two one-week modules fixed for May and October respectively, to be delivered in two different locations, one of which is outside of France.
- Each module has a 5-day schedule, for a total of 10 days or 90 hours per Advanced Certificate.
- The language of instruction is English. A professional level in English is required: TOEIC or TOEFL (for applicants whose mother tongue is not English or candidates who do not hold a university degree from an English speaking institution).
This Advanced Certificate is designed for participants interested in helping organizations differentiate themselves from their competition on the basis of the quantity of value they deliver to customers (business-to-business and business-to-consumer) through the services they deliver, or the service component of their manufactured goods.
Accordingly, the Advanced Certificate is relevant for participants interested in service organizations ranging from financial services to hotels to telecommunications, the service dimensions of goods-producing
organizations, and professional services such as consulting, banking, or auditing.
The vast majority of services rely on their human assets for an important part of their differentiation. Thus participants interested in organizational behavior and human resource management (which should, perhaps, include anyone who plans to manage others during his or her career) will find this Advanced Certificate especially relevant.