Advanced Management Program
The redesigned AMP - RETHINK YOUR BOUNDARIES
Location: Durham, NC USA
Dates and Fees:
September 08 - 20, 2013
November 10 - 22, 2013
Two 2-week sessions with a 4 - 6 week virtual intercession
Duke’s Advanced Management Program (AMP) develops global business executives who can lead collaboratively and innovatively in today’s rapidly changing environment.
The program is designed for:
- Upper and mid-level executives with at least 15 years of experience who have the recognized potential to move into a more senior executive position or role with global responsibility
- Senior executives holding responsibility for corporate or divisional strategy and implementation
- Broader and deeper understanding of the complexities, challenges and opportunities of the global economy
- Expanded perspective from structured interactions with thought leaders and peers across a broad cross-section of global companies and cultures
- Improved capability to demonstrate consequential leadership, lead change and create positive, sustainable differences in an organization
- Work-friendly format: The two-2 week session format around one six week intercession allows participants the opportunity to apply concepts learned in class to their own organizations, and then further refine their approach before returning to work at the conclusion of the program.
Collaboration with Duke Corporate Education
- This program was designed by Duke Corporate Education, ranked #1 for seven straight years by the Financial Times as the best global provider of customized executive education.
- Our design is done “from the outside in,” translating the complex world into learning needs and educational content for today’s leaders, rather than starting with a presumed set of learning needs.
- Rather than an Academic Director, we offer a consultant model that is the thread that pulls the program and its learning content together. The orchestrator spends time with each participant before the program to help them set personal learning objectives and establish a personal learning agenda. The orchestrator also works with the faculty to help them calibrate the learning dynamics of the group and adapt their session for maximum effectiveness. The orchestrator weaves the program sessions together into a meaningful whole.
- Focus on Consequential Leadership: All session topics connect to the concept of making a significant, positive difference in the future performance of your organization. Our goal is to create leaders who can design, effectively lead and implement change.
- Experiential Learning: Participants learn by doing and processing experiences. Our program involves extensive use of Metaphoric Learning Experiences™, an approach pioneered by Duke Corporate Education.
- Lifelong Learning: The program stresses a learning process for monitoring and understanding the global landscape, and converting the implications into an action plan. The learning process teaches leaders how to be curious thinkers and is the basis for continued lifetime learning over their careers.