Fundamentals of Effective Sales Management
This comprehensive program assists salespeople in making a smooth transition to sales management. Successful hiring, training, motivation, performance evaluation, and management techniques are presented in a real-world manner.
Jan 27 - Jan 31 2014
May 05 - May 09 2014
Sep 15 - Sep 19 2014
During this program participants will learn to:
- Effectively make the transition from a salesperson to a sales manager
- Utilize techniques for identifying, hiring and retaining the best salespeople
- Evaluate performance in ways that produce desired results
- Identify the types of incentives and compensation systems to obtain better sales results
- Improve training techniques so that salespeople reach full productivity sooner/faster
- Make price less of an issue in a sale
- Increase the time salespeople spend with customers
- Create effective, motivating sales meetings and field coaching
- Determine the best methods for organizing and deploying your sales force
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for people who have recently been appointed to the role of sales manager or are looking for a refresher of the fundamentals of sales management. Focus is placed on the transition from sales to sales management and the skills associated with hiring, training, motivating, organizing, compensating, and evaluating a successful sales force. The course is applicable for those managing field sales people selling products or services. More seasoned sales and marketing managers should consider the Executive Program Strategic Sales Management program. Companies are encouraged to send teams to learn common language and frameworks and to help drive the implementation of new knowledge throughout the organization.
-Hiring the Right Salespeople
-Training for Results
-The Fundamentals of Organizing Your Sales Force to Maximize Results
-Introduction to Effective Compensation Packages
-The Basics of Sales Planning, Forecasting, and Expense Budgets
-Quarterly Performance Appraisals
-The Real Non-Monetary Motivators of the 21st Century
Classes are held at the Gleacher Center of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, 450 North Cityfront Plaza Drive, situated along the Chicago River (one block east of Michigan Avenue), in the heart of the downtown district known as "The Magnificent Mile." The Center is within walking distance from some of Chicago's most exciting retail and entertainment areas.
The course will begin at 8:00am on Day 1 and end at 4:00pm on Day 4.