Strategic Marketing Management
Marketing is the core of all business. To outperform the competition requires solid marketing knowledge and precision in marketing decision making. Your organization's positioning and the positioning of its products and services depend on the formulation and implementation of intelligent and aggressive strategic marketing plans. Drawing on Chicago Booth's latest research and Chicago's unique approach to marketing, this program will help you to develop the necessary competitive advantage to excel in today's business environment.
Program Dates and Fees
Dec 09 - Dec 13 2013 $8,675.00
Apr 21 - Apr 25 2014 $9,100.00
Sep 08 - Sep 14 2014 $9,100.00
Dec 08 - Dec 12 2014 $9,100.00
During this seminar you will learn to:
- Explore competitive strategies and methods of analyzing competitors’ intentions, differential advantages, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Utilize the elements of the marketing mix (product strategy, pricing, advertising and promotion, and distribution) and enhance problem-solving and decision making abilities in these operational areas of marketing.
- Understand how to build and manage strong brands.
- Understand the various approaches to marketing segmentation, targeting, and positioning for competitive advantage.
- Use analytical methods in consumer measurement. Understand the pros and cons of various techniques and when to use them.
- Apply analytical approaches to pricing.
- Examine successful marketing strategies using real-world case studies
Who Should Attend
General managers, marketing managers, product and sales managers will find value in attending. Market researchers, planning managers, and other practicing managers associated with the development of marketing plans, will also benefit from the program. Typical titles would include: general managers, vice presidents of marketing/sales, directors of marketing, product or brand managers, managers of market planning, market analysts, new product development specialists, and managers/directors of market research.
We encourage companies to send teams to learn common language and frameworks and to help drive the implementation of new knowledge throughout the organization.
-The Strategic Marketing Planning Process: Laying the foundation for competitive advantage
-Creating Competitive Advantage
-Strategy Implementation: A framework for going to market
-Analytical Approaches to Marketing
-Strategies for High Tech Markets
-Summary and Conclusion: Setting Direction
Classes are held at the Gleacher Center of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, 450 North Cityfront Plaza Drive, situated along the Chicago River (one block east of Michigan Avenue), in the heart of the downtown district known as "The Magnificent Mile." The Center is within walking distance from some of Chicago's most exciting retail and entertainment areas.
The sessions will begin at 8:30am on Monday and end at 2:45pm on Friday.
Hotel Accommodations and Reservations
A limited block of rooms have been reserved for a discounted rate at the
505 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611