Strategic Marketing Management will teach you all aspects of building a strong strategic marketing plan, from generating genuine market insights to implementing your marketing plan from start to finish.
The curriculum is integrated along the Columbia Strategic Marketing Planning Model, and explores three critical phases essential to the success of a strategic market approach: market insights, strategy development, and program design.
Through interactive sessions and hands-on planning exercises, you will gain a comprehensive command of all the elements necessary to design and implement effective marketing strategies that deliver value to your organization.
You also will have the opportunity to directly apply your learning to your own company and markets through various clinics and a personal case.
The learning format has proven highly effective both for seasoned marketing professionals and for executives with new marketing responsibilities.
November 3-8, 2013
May 18-23, 2014
November 2-7, 2014
Dolce Norwalk, One hour north of New York City
Includes all meals, materials, and accommodations
Strategic Marketing Management is designed for mid- and upper-level executives. Past participants represent a wide range of marketing responsibilities from business to business, business to consumer, and nonprofit sectors.
Typical participant titles include:
- Vice president of sales and marketing of a health care company
- Group marketing director from a national post office
- Market development manager from a medical device company
- Key accounts manager from a manufacturing company
- Regional marketing director from a beverage company
- Director of media and communications from a food services company
- Senior vice president from an overseas bank
- Marketing manager from a telecommunication company
Alumni and up to four of their colleagues are eligible for a 25 percent tuition benefit for programs lasting up to seven days.
How You Will Benefit in the Current Context
The program takes a highly-integrated and strategic approach to the marketing planning process which is essential to developing long-term value and creating a sustainable competitive advantage.
"As Columbia's flagship program in marketing, Strategic Marketing Management has shaped the marketing thinking of more than 11,000 business executives worldwide."
"The program is intense — typical days go from 8:15 am to almost 10:00 pm — and challenging. It is unique in that it covers a highly integrated curriculum in a very action-learning-orientated fashion: combining interactive class discussions with extensive planning exercises, short buzz sessions, and reviewing participants' own marketing challenges."
"Participants can expect to leave the program exhausted yet refreshed, with a stronger mastery of essential processes and tools for strategic marketing management."
–Michel Tuan Pham, Faculty Director
Summary of Benefits
- Master all aspects of building and implementing a successful marketing plan
- Gain superior insights about your customers and competitors
- Learn how to identify strategic marketing opportunities and develop a winning strategy
- Learn how to determine how to price to maximize value for your company and customers
- Develop action plans that can be implemented right away
Upon completion of this program, you will earn 6 days towards a Certificate in Business Excellence.