Personal Leadership and Success is a unique leadership program focusing exclusively on personal leadership skills. Based on breakthrough research in psychology, neuroscience, and cognitive behavior therapy, the program provides powerful techniques for tangible personal improvements and greater leadership skills.
December 10-12, 2013
July 22-24, 2014
December 3-5, 2014
Columbia University Campus, New York City
Includes materials and some meals.
Leadership is often approached in terms of one's ability to understand and direct our external environment including people, organizations, and events.
Personal Leadership and Success takes the view that to succeed professionally one needs to develop another dimension of leadership consisting of the ability to understand and direct one's internal environment–goals, motivations, mindsets, and emotions.
This three-day program offers a distinctive approach that integrates recent findings in psychology, neuroscience, and cognitive behavior therapy with explorations of the inner lives of great achievers such as Mahatma Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln, and Nelson Mandela.
Until recently, the only way to explore this mastery of the inner environment has been through the teachings of philosophers, prophets, or self-help "gurus." These historical and modern sources of wisdom essentially rely on faith while Personal Leadership and Success replaces this approach with scientifically validated, practical insights and techniques for understanding and mastering one's inner environment.
Personal Leadership and Success is designed for all levels of executives.
Alumni and up to four of their colleagues are eligible for a 25 percent tuition benefit for programs lasting up to seven days.
Personal Leadership and Success provides powerful insights and practical techniques to gain greater success in your professional and personal lives through an enhanced understanding and mastery over your inner environment. Lectures are supplemented by exercises involving introspection, self-evaluation, and the application of specific techniques.
- Learn what impact your internal environment has on your success
- Understand your current level of mastery over different aspects of your inner environment and how it compares with top performers
- Discover practical techniques to cultivate a winner's mindset that will allow you to perform at your optimum
- Implement techniques that further develop your personal leadership skills
- Personal reflections, group discussions and applications of personal leadership techniques
- Gain a deeper understanding of your core values and how to align your day-to-day behavior and priorities with these values
- Find ways to turn personal and organizational adversities into unique value-creating opportunities
Upon completion of this program, you will earn 3 days towards a Certificate in Business Excellence.