Masterclass in Private Equity
The Masterclass in Private Equity, in association with the Coller Institute of Private Equity, explores all stages of private equity from initial consideration through to financing and exit.
With Professor Eli Talmor (Coller Institute of Private Equity, Chairman), you will examine the complexities of deal-making through case studies which provides a hands on analysis of recent deals in the industry.
The programme is fully integrated, covering everything from operation and strategy to financing and economic analysis of incentives, so you gain a deeper understanding of the inter-connectivity between functions.
With prominent guest speakers and networking opportunities, you meet some of the leading names in private equity.
The fee for programmes starting in 2013 is £4,200.
The fee for programmes starting in 2014 is £4,300.
These fees include all course materials, lectures and most meals.
Duration: 3 days
Next start: 30 October 2013
Why choose this programme?
By attending the programme you will benefit from:
- access to the latest insights from leading thinkers
- an understanding of the 'behind the scenes of deals'
- knowledge of how all the components in a private equity deal interlink
- the chance to discuss and debate topics with leading industry practitioners and academics.
As the approach is very pragmatic, you can apply your learning as soon as you complete the programme.
Private equity is one of the key topics in the investment landscape. Our programme will equip you and your organization with the knowledge to deal with this challenging area of investment potential.
How will this programme benefit you?
You will learn:
- concepts, techniques and instruments used in private equity investment
- the nature of the global industry
- private equity fund and fee structure
- the mechanics of deal selection, valuation and structuring
- value creation and harvesting
- the legal and financial aspects of buyout transactions.
The Masterclass in Private Equity is accredited with CFA Institute, the Securities and Investment Institute (SII) and the Law Society, you can therefore use it as part of your Continual Professional Development.
The programme is eligible for 22 credit hours as granted by CFA Institute, 23.5 credit hours of the SII and additionally, 23.5 credit hours of the Law Society.
Who is this programme for?
- existing fund managers who are considering investing or who want to further understand this asset class
- individuals setting up their own private equity fund
- professionals in the financial world looking to pursue a career in the private equity sector or extend their areas of expertise
- established private equity professionals keen to improve their knowledge of best practice
- financial professionals such as investment/private bankers, investment consultants, accountants and pension fund/endowment trustees.