Strategic Investment Management
New to London Business School's finance programme portfolio, the five-day Strategic Investment Management programme is designed to give you a thorough understanding of the latest investment management research, cutting-edge academic insights and theory.
You will also be given the opportunity to apply the techniques learnt and practice strategic asset allocation by managing a pension fund to gain a deeper knowledge of investment strategies, individual instruments and how to measure performance effectively.
The fee for programmes starting in 2013 is £6,500.
The fee for programmes starting in 2014 is £6,700.
This fee includes all course materials, lectures and most meals.
Duration: 5 days
Next start: 24 June 2013
Who is this programme for?
The Strategic Investment Management programme is particularly relevant for investment professionals who will benefit from a deeper understanding of the key themes of investment management:
- Asset managers
- Institutional and/or private investors
- Investment consultants and financial advisors (IFAs)
- Regulators, compliance officers, accountants and lawyers
- Investor relations specialists and corporate financiers
- Risk managers, actuaries, auditors and quantitative analysts
- Pension fund and endowment trustees
- Investment managers, private bankers and family office representatives
How will this programme benefit you?
- Gain an in-depth insight into the latest investment management theory and research
- Build a solid understanding of fixed income and equity to ensure effective performance evaluation and portfolio optimisation
- Apply the theory to practical asset allocation and performance measurement by participating in a simulation and managing a company pension fund
- Work through investment management case studies to apply your learning to real-world investing activities, enhancing returns and reducing risks
- Build a strong network of international contacts from the across the investment management industry
- Receive cutting-edge academic insights, from world respected faculty and industry practitioners
How will this programme benefit your organisation?
- Build in-house understanding of investment management theory and application
- Evaluate investment management strategies and portfolio performance
- Understand how to enhance returns, manage and reduce risks
- Employees acquire practical tools that they can immediately, and effectively apply
- Accelerates professional development of high potential employees, enabling the fast-tracking of management potential