Global Executive Academy
Dates: Dec 03-12, 2013
Certificate Track: Management and Leadership
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Tuition: $14,500 (excluding accommodations)
Program Days (for certificate credit): 8
NEW FOR 2013
MIT Sloan Executive Education is excited to advance to a new frontier in the world of executive education by bringing a diverse multinational audience together to experience MIT’s world-class education in a global multilingual setting. The idea behind our newest offering—Global Executive Academy—is to bring MIT content to the non-English speaking world by offering a multilingual educational experience on the MIT campus that draws on our existing open enrollment portfolio. While this offering provides non-English speaking executives access to the same MIT education that is currently available to their English-speaking counterparts, it also affords them the same unique benefits such as a multicultural environment, diversity of perspectives, cross-border networking, and global experience.
Six languages will be represented: Arabic, English, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish. There will be simultaneous translation of the programs—"United Nations style"—and activities designed to bridge the language barrier. Executives and managers from different geographies, industries, companies and functions will learn together and draw on each other for their assigned projects and discussions.
Academy participants will take part in four of MIT Sloan’s open enrollment courses that cover critical management issues:
- Innovation: Building, Leading, and Sustaining the Innovative Organization (Dec 3–4, 2013
- Management: Managing Technical Professionals and Organizations (Dec 5–6, 2013)
- Marketing: Strategic Marketing (Dec 9–10, 2013)
- Organizational Performance: Creating High Velocity Organizations (Dec 11–12, 2013)
Participants in the Academy will earn an MIT Sloan Executive Certificate in Management and Leadership. It is an ideal option for executives and senior managers seeking to enhance their general management skills in order to become effective leaders in a dynamic global business world.
The Global Executive Academy is a one-of-a-kind, transformative learning experience designed to fit the time and language constraints of seasoned executives from around the globe. It offers a unique way to:
- Access the world-class education that is currently not available to non-English speaking executives—in a global multilingual setting
- Engage with MIT Sloan’s world class faculty around both their latest research and the “tried and true” in such areas as innovation, management, strategic marketing and organizational performance
- Enhance your understanding of business concepts and language that your global partners speak
- Leverage multiple perspectives to advance an important business challenge away from day-to-day operating pressures
- Increase cultural awareness and improve ability to think on a global scale
- Expand professional networks within your country and internationally
- Enhance your value to your employer and business
The Global Executive Academy is primarily geared towards general and technical executives who carry significant leadership roles in their companies and whose English language skills are not sufficient to effectively participate in executive education programs held in English. Participants will have an opportunity to experience the Academy in one of the following six languages – Arabic, English, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian or Spanish. The English language cluster is meant to accommodate those who are highly proficient in English and who wish to take the four courses and earn a certificate in the unique multilingual setting of the Global Executive Academy.
- VPs of Marketing, Product Development, HR, Business Development
- Chief Technologists
- Corporate Strategists and Planners
- Senior Executives in R&D, Engineering and Manufacturing
- Head Scientists
- Managers with Responsibility for Process Excellence
- Managers of Other Functions and Business Lines