Global Senior Management Program
Location: Chicago, Illinois and Madrid, Spain
Welcome to GSMP
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business Ranked #1 Business School in the U.S 2012 by Bloomberg - View Full Ranking on Businessweek.com
IE Business School Ranked #1 Business School in Europe 2012 by Financial Times - Read Article on FT.com
These two leading schools in executive development have joined forces to create a uniquely applicable program for global leaders: Global Senior Management Program (GSMP).
We invite you to participate in a unique experience that brings together some of the best executive development that the United States and Europe have to offer. The University of Chicago Booth School of Business and IE Business School have jointly developed the Global Senior Management Program (GSMP) as a platform for senior managers to build on the collective knowledge of participants and world-class professors. The program combines academic rigor and state-of-the-art expertise with practical relevance to create an exclusive environment for enhancing leadership skills and analytic capabilities in global markets.
The GSMP is designed around three main goals: developing a strategic vision in global markets, strengthening leadership and self-management skills, and boosting organizational performance. This intensive program is based on a variety of experiences specifically designed for senior managers, including lectures, case discussions, simulations, self-assessments and meetings with outstanding business leaders.
Combining the strengths of two of the world's leading schools in executive training, we believe that the GSMP takes participants beyond traditional programs based on absorbing knowledge and models. In contrast, we have designed an experience-based program which challenges senior managers to upgrade their own management style, their approach to global competitiveness, and their organization's core.
Dates & Fees
The GSMP has been designed to balance the schedule of a busy executive while maximizing the learning of a comprehensive management program. In order to achieve this, the program has been divided into 2 separate residential modules:
In class: Sunday, May 18th to Friday, May 23th, 2014
University of Chicago GSB Campus, Chicago, USA
INTERSESSION - "Leadership assessment"
On-line: Monday, May 26th to Friday, June 13th, 2014
In class: Sunday, June 15th to Friday June 20st, 2014
IE BUSINESS SCHOOL Campus, Madrid, SPAIN
Each module begins with an opening session on the afternoon of the first day, and concludes at midday on the last day.
The GSMP Intersession has been designed to be compatible with the normal course of participant’s professional lives and it’s not time demanding.
The admission process involves the presentation of the application form and may require an interview.
Program fee is 18.500 €. It covers teaching sessions, program materials, coffees, lunches and special events.
A hotel block reservation will be available for participants both in Chicago (Intercontinental Hotel) and Madrid (NH Nuñez de Balboa Hotel) with special rates. GSMP Objectives
Business leaders have to develop a dynamic, strategic vision to navigate the challenges of globalization. Successful implementation of strategic vision requires highly refined leadership skills and crossover management abilities. The Global Senior Management Program provides top directors with the opportunity to hone these skills through the exchange of ideas, experiences and knowledge with renowned business leaders, scholars and professionals in a highly interactive context.
This program is designed to:
- Enhance participants' current view of the global business world by drawing on international perspectives in order to better forecast future trends.
- Update and improve top management skills required to develop innovative strategies and implement change in global organizations.
- Review the latest business concepts and practices related to strategy, finance, operations, marketing, and human capital.
- Develop personal and professional skills.
- Provide an international networking platform among participants, faculty, and visiting business leaders.
- The program is aimed at members of the management committee and administrative councils, presidents, company owners, managing directors, vice presidents, negotiations directors, country managers and other senior managers who are responsible for strategic vision with an international focus.
- Participants will be carefully selected in order to form a group with similar concerns, while maintaining a balanced mix of business sectors, international vision and cultures. The main admission criteria encompasses professional career to date, present level of responsibility in the company and interest in expanding international vision.