Intelligent Organizations: Collaboration and the Future of Work
Duration: An Intensive Two-Day Program for Senior Executives Program also offered on these dates
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Cost: $2,900 (excluding accommodations)
Dates: Oct 21-22, 2013 | Apr 03-04, 2014 | Jun 26-27, 2014 | Oct 21-22, 2014
In the 21st century, a critical factor in business success will not just be how efficient organizations are, but also how intelligent they are. Today’s technologies allow for wide-ranging communication at very low cost, enabling organizations to collaborate more effectively, to respond more quickly to business challenges, and to identify innovation opportunities. This new culture of collaboration allows you and your organization to be more productive, effective, and intelligent.
Intelligent Organizations is designed to help you understand how to create competitive advantage by harnessing the power of crowds and other new organizational approaches. Drawing on examples like Google, InnoCentive, and Wikipedia, you will learn to identify opportunities for using crowd intelligence, loose hierarchies, and other innovative ways of organizing work to apply to your own business environment.
During this intense two-day program, you will gain an increased understanding of:
- Why management is changing in profound ways
- When traditional hierarchies are useful and when are they not
- How and when “crowd intelligence” can create knowledge and solve problems more effectively
- How “contests” can often find the best solutions even when no one knows in advance where they are
- How prediction markets work
- What the key dimensions of all successful organizational designs are
- How to move from command-and-control to coordinate-and-cultivate leadership
- What managerial skills are needed for success in these new organizations
You will leave the program with the knowledge of how people and computers can be connected in new, creative ways so that—collectively—they act more intelligently than any person, group, or computer has ever done before. And you will bring back to your organization a whole new perspective for success.
Who Should Attend
Intelligent Organizations is designed for
- CEOs, senior executives, and managers at all levels who are in a position to make significant changes in the ways work is organized in their units
- Managers in IT, HR, strategy, research, and other functions whose job responsibilities include implementing new organizational structures, processes, and tools
- Entrepreneurs who want to understand new business opportunities in this space
- Anyone in business or non-profit organizations who has an opportunity to influence organizational innovation in their organizations and wants to understand how work is changing