The Latin American CFOs' Executive Program
Location: Chicago, Illinois
The job of financial leaders has evolved to mean much more than strictly crunching numbers. Finance officers today have to perform a number of roles from business partner, to strategic thinker, effective communicator, moral conscience, and risk manager. Conducting business in Latin America also presents its own unique challenges and opportunities. With this changing landscape in mind, Chicago Booth has developed a program exclusively designed for upper to senior-level financial executives based in Latin America.
Now more than ever, it is critical for business leaders to truly understand the risks and opportunities of the current global economy. This program is designed to complement, strengthen and refresh your financial management and leadership skills essential for decision making, implementing effective strategies and adding value to your company. Drawing upon Chicago Booth's world-renowned faculty in finance, their latest research and the University's cutting-edged resources, this program will develop your professional career, improving your personal performance as well as the results of your organization.
August 25-29, 2014
During this seminar you will learn to:
- Analyze recent trends in the world economy and explore prospects for growth in emerging markets.
- Develop patterns to predict the future. Realize that key observable data can assist managers to think clearly about what is happening, why, and what it means for the future.
- Use a number of new tools, many of which have arisen from research at the University of Chicago, to assist in the investment evaluation process of capital budgeting.
- Analyze traditional valuation models and their limitations. Use alternative tools for developing models, decision trees, scenario analyses and techniques to fix option pricing.
- Examine the performance of real options through a privatization case in Latin America. Study the investment proposal with an emphasis on risks and returns and how to value real options.
- Focus on the strategic and organizational factors that influence the successes and failures of acquisitions.
- Apply the Economic-Value-Added (EVA) model taught by its world-renowned developer, Joel Stern. Learn how to implement the practical performance measurement tool, and the related importance of changing corporate culture to avoid financial failures.
- Examine the role of a leader in creating a high-performance environment and in effectively managing change that will accelerate sustainable profitable growth. Identify which attributes are most critical to creating a high-performance environment that will drive financial results and innovation
- Examine how financial regulation impacts the way business is done. Understand the challenges in financial regulation, the likely path of regulatory reform, and the implications for Latin America.
Who Should Attend
Latin American Chief Financial Officers, Chief Executive Officers, Vice Presidents, Directors and Managers of Finance and Administration with a minimum of: USD$20 million in annual sales, and 200 employees.