Advanced Certificate in Aerospace and Aviation
Since the 1990s, the aerospace industry has consolidated into fewer but much larger firms that dominate, with several hundred suppliers competing for subcontracts. Much partnering with suppliers exists, and even the Big Five are suppliers to each other.
Key trends include increased emphasis on operational efficiency, outsourcing development & manufacturing, industry consolidation & partnerships, growth of business jets, customer pricing sensitivity, oil hedging uncertainty, etc.
Locations: Montreal, Canada (May) and Paris/Toulouse (October)
Academic partners: Concordia & McGill Universities and Air Business Academy
Credits gained upon successful completion of this 2-module Advanced Certificate may be used towards the HEC Paris Executive MBA. The EMBA Major in Aerospace and Aviation can be taken as a specialization within the HEC Executive MBA. The EMBA requires only 60 days out of the office over a 17-month period.
Duration: 2 weeks
Two 5-day modules each in May and October 2013.
Tuition fees:13,950 € (2013)
Tuition fees include all teaching fees, academic material, room and board in both locations.
Travel expenses to and from all modules are not included.
Programs and additional costs non subject to VAT.
The Advanced Certificate in Aviation & Aerospace is built around two week-long intensive modules, each looking at the Aerospace and Aviation industry from a different perspective. Such approach affords original insights into the future of the industry and how to best prepare for it.
The first module will take place in Montreal, Canada, the worldwide capital of the Aviation industry. It centers on the economics of the aviation industry, the role of International Institutions, their impact on strategy and risk management.
This seminar is hosted by the Aviation Management Institute of Concordia University in Montreal, Canada, with visiting professors from MIT, McGill Air & Space Law Institute and international industry lecturers. The second module takes participants to the HEC campus in Paris and in Toulouse. It focuses on how to integrate internal competitive advantages and in-depth understanding of the industry into successful corporate strategies in the Aviation and Aerospace sectors.
- Price: €16,000 (no VAT).
- Holders of an Advanced Certificate will be able to deduct the full price of the Advanced Certificate if they are admitted to the HEC EMBA within a year of completion of their Advanced Certificate.
- Each Advanced Certificate is worth 18 credits of the HEC EMBA comprising of a mixture of academic, company visits and cultural components, and entailing a group project for assessment.
- Open enrollment subject to meeting the prevailing selection process.
- Each Advanced Certificate has two one-week modules fixed for May and October respectively, to be delivered in two different locations, one of which is outside of France.
- Each module has a 5-day schedule, for a total of 10 days or 90 hours per Advanced Certificate.
- The language of instruction is English. A professional level in English is required: TOEIC or TOEFL (for applicants whose mother tongue is not English or candidates who do not hold a university degree from an English speaking institution).
What specific long-term benefits can you expect to derive from the program?
- Develop the global vision needed to be a driving force in the world of aviation & aerospace.
- Understand the dynamics and complexity of deregulated markets.
- Acquire insightful knowledge into the evolution of the industry’s business models.
- Share your experience with other seasoned managers and build up a network of peers.
- Increase your self-confidence in strategic decision-making and sharpen your business skills and acumen.
- Challenge your assumptions with leading-edge professionals from the industry’s top companies.
This Advanced Certificate will cover topics such as air transport economics (planning for airline operations, how trends in traffic, capacity and profits inform strategic choices), risk management, international aviation law and environment. Furthermore, this Advanced Certificate will focus on the relevant concepts and tools in the areas of finance, marketing and information technology as they apply to the Aviation and Aerospace industries, e.g. airline & aircraft financing, airline revenue management, competitive advantages derived from supply chain management, IT expertise, and e-business development. In order to foster a productive learning environment, teaching methods emphasize experience sharing and interaction through case studies, guest speakers, workshops and presentations as well as a Team Research Project.
The Advanced Certificate is geared toward executives and senior managers with:
- Significant business experience within the Aerospace or Aviation sectors.
- Recognized professional achievements and/or involvement in their company’s strategy.
- An international mindset and experience.